Saturday, March 15, 2008

Love... this four letter word...



All this while I had been pondering about love. Is there love that transcends beyond the Hollywood stereotype between a perfect man and woman? When people mention love what is the first thing that comes up your mind?



Like any other human being, I love to be loved. Especially in times of uncertainty, where I am rendered helpless and vulnerable, I desire comfort and reassurance.



I sought and pondered about love and I found it. I saw love in the most neligible circumstances. In the bond between a care-giver and a helpless bed-ridden old patient. In the smses of encouragement from friends, in the phone conversations I share with friends. From the reassuring hand that is placed firmly on my shoulders, from the sincere prayers of friends that touch my heart. From reading a heart-warming book, from the glistening rays of sunlight that radiates through after days of rain, from the rainbows peeking out shyly from the clouds.



In my brokeness, love came through stronger than I thought. "For a broken and contrite spirit Lord, you will not despise." (Psalm 51:17)



I saw another instance of love, that speaks so strongly. The relationship between my bed-ridden granny and my maid who takes care of her. The bond that is between them, the tears that my maid shed when she thinks of leaving my family to go back home, and the deep reliance and mutual bond that granny shared with her, speaks of unconditional love.

Whereas many would think its a burden and a chore to care for old, illness-stricken patients, there is the love I saw in such undesiring circumstances. That God has equipped us with this ability to have compassion on the least likeable things of the earth, and how, through love, the most uncomfortable situations can even become a bliss.

It all makes me think that heaven could be a place on earth, so long as love among people exists in the very place.

Hello, you old and salty bitch.

Hi, dear beloved blog. Im so glad you are still around. Even the 2000 trends have gone and... come back again. And you, are still here! The ...