Saturday, July 05, 2008

Why I cook....


Cooking is my favorite hobby, as all of you guys know and eagerly await my gastronomic creations...

But ever wonder why and what makes me the ever curious and enthusiastic chef that I am?

I would say 5% is to win a man by his stomach. Rich man who can give me a huge kitchen. Haa

But the remaining 95%, I would say, is achieved when I transform cooking into an art.

A piece of art, is when you have put in effort, creativity and your spirit into creating something.

Art, at its best, is when you are able to go beyond, transcend your current state of feelings, pains, difficulties, happiness, joy etc, and channel all these energies to create something out of it.

In the process of cooking, I transform all my incompetencies, all my regrets, all my insecurites into positive things, through the process of the intricate creation of the food that I make. A process of cultivation and detachment, a symbolisation of the riddance and placing aside of my self.

Sometimes I cook to forget myself, my time and my environment. Its just me and my food, its just me channeling my whole being into ensuring that the taste and the quality of the food I create is perfect.

Thats why they say cooking is therapeutic.

Hello, you old and salty bitch.

Hi, dear beloved blog. Im so glad you are still around. Even the 2000 trends have gone and... come back again. And you, are still here! The ...