Saturday, March 10, 2007

NUS Open House

Today and tomorrow is the NUS Open House, and I got posted by my office to mann an information counter booth. Haha... lets see where I got posted to... in a far away place from the happening spots of the Open House, the place of the bus terminals, Kent Vale. Nobody alights there. Nobody in the right mind will go there if they want to attend talks or see the exhibitions. Its the place where birds-also-dun-lay-their-eggs. (鸟不生蛋的地方) And I sat there for NINE HOURS on a BUS STOP BENCH. Record time.




The only people who alight there are: 1) the people living at Kent Vale, namely professors and their families 2) Lost sheep who took the wrong bus and ended at the terminal, looking extremely lost and puzzled when they are forced to alight from the bus.



And there is this thing I don't understand about professors and their family outings.... I saw a family who look like they were going out on an excursion... small kids with hats, and maybe some swimming attire, a float or two.. and they want to take a bus to the NUS swimming pool. Later in the evening they return with NUS goodie bags. So outing with their family included attending the NUS Open House, and playing in campus swimming pool. How exciting.



And I sat there under the bus stop for hours and hours, watching bus after bus come and go, and the heat was stifling, very occasionally with wind blowing, and the Kent Vale terminal was empty except with buses parked at the far end. I tried to do my readings, but it was too hot and stifling to read. So I lazed around the bus stop bench. It was so hot, and time stood so still (no people, no activities) it felt like I was somewhere in a rural area hot and dry, and occasionally balls of dry grass will roll pass me...






Picture taken from the bus stop.... at the hottest hour of the day.... do u see the ball or dry grass in the middle?

Hello, you old and salty bitch.

Hi, dear beloved blog. Im so glad you are still around. Even the 2000 trends have gone and... come back again. And you, are still here! The ...