Took part in the NUS Biathlon yesterday with Nicole and her older, bigger version of a twin sister Yvonne.
Ack.. East Coast was not as fun as Sentosa. To start with, the waters of East Coast are filthy. Filthy filthy. And the current was strong. Pushed me way off track, which I had to spend a whole lot of energy swimming back to the shore. The sea water sucked. I actually swallowed some of it!! YUCKS!!! It tasted of kerosene. And there were sea monsters in the sea (the water was so murky I couldn't see a thing) which kept biting my limbs... I think they are sea bugs. Ouch. Along the way, people kicked me and I kicked many others too... I felt many hands brushed my butt and I felt my hands brush many butts too.... ahahhaa...
The running route was misleading. Many times I thought I reached the U-turn back to the finish point, but the turning point was way ahead. Very sunny too... I think I started running at around 11.30am... since my swim was at 11am...
Yep, but the feeling of completion still feels the best. The swimming and running periods were torturous and I questioned myself why did I even take part in this thing. But after thinking about it, its worth it after all, even though I was one of the last again.. but its the experience la..
Kudos to Nic and Yvonne, think they completed the whole thing in a very short time... and thanks for the access to showering facilities and the erm... you-know-what.... it saved my day!!!
Then after that I met up with Melvin the pro-biathlete, supposed to go for lunch... But the biathlon was screwed up for the competitive teams... the champion chips were mixed up!!! Meaning the positions of the winners were all mixed up. And there were a whole lot of other politics involved in this race thingy, some complaint lodged against unfair playing etc.... And I stood around for nearly 2 hours waiting for him to settle all the stuff... And I witnessed someone screaming her head off at him for a good half an hour in the middle of nowhere... whoa... the rain started coming down and they still stood there with her crying and screaming at him... what a scary woman... ahahhhaaa...
Actually if I didn't know roughly about the context they looked like a drama serial couple having a row under the rain... and I stoned at them under the tent...
Then it poured when we wanted to hail a cab.... had to get shelter behind a public toliet while calling for a cab. The toilet sure smelt great. Stupid me didn't bring umbrella. And I didn't bring a whole lot of other things that day. Sigh.
Today is the post-event, I think my body was overstimulated from the exertion yesterday, couldn't sleep very well. But woke up today feeling like I accomplished something.
I hope the pictures will come out soon....