Sunday, June 11, 2006

I'm back from Bangkok!!!!! ~ Lan Lan and Rich Ass.

I'm backie from Bangkokie!!!!

Throughout the whole trip, 2 words kept popping up in my head.

1) LAN4 LAN3
2) Rich ASS.

1) LAN4 LAN3

You know.. that army term... Lan lan... means cannot also must can. I pulled a muscle at my feet during the race on Sunday. And it was a bad pull. I was limping on Tuesday. I went to Bangkok with a bandaged foot on Wednesday. And throughout the whole of the 4 days, despite the pain and despite the fact that I couldn't walk fast and I was limping, I LAN LAN shopped and walked for the whole day. Shopped till I dropped. Shopped till when night time came my feet felt like dying. And throughout the trip, I relied on my now favourite companion: Koyoks. Salon Pas. Without that, I will DIE. And every morning my feet will ache badly because of too much walking from the previous day. Bai Kar... But! Retail therapy heals all! Wahahahaa... I forgot my pain when I shopped, only when I am not shopping for my stuff I felt the pain again. This is so shitty. The pain went away only TODAY.When Im back. But I think thats because I din walk much today... basically spent most of the time sitting on the plane, waiting for boarding... etc etc... Anyway... LAN LAN is the word of the day.

2) Rich ASS.

My parents met up with a colleague's sister who does some business in Thailand.Auntie Roslyn. And she is RICH. First day she treated us to a meal at her restaurant. SHARKFIN. And after lunch she booked a place where we could do our feet massage. We met some Singapore surgeons and embassy officials having their feet massage there too. Wah that place is damn posh.. oh did I mention she had her chauffer to send us there? .... Overwhelming.... No.. thats only the begining. She introduced us to another lady in Bangkok, auntie Jane, also a fren of my mom's colleague. This auntie Jane's husband is a rice merchant. RICE MERCHANT. Consdiering that Bangkok is the main distributor of rice... but she is a very humble person and very very frugal too. Anyway, she treated us to breakfast and lunch at theBangkok Sports Club the next morning.... Its something like the Raffles Town Club here. And I wore... shorts and T-shirt to the place where all the elites dressed up for their meals. The lunch buffet was gooood.... so nice... And from there we met YET another lady... this time I think she used to distribute organic veggies to all the hotels etc. also damn rich. And also very humble. They all call her Da Jie. I think I call her Ah Mm more likely hahahah.... She's about 70+. And what do all these rich ladies do .. they are what I call Tai tais... the authentic ones. They spend their time not to earn money, but to socialise and donate to charity and to do things to help the poor and needy.. and also to be good hosts to guests like us. Ha.
Anyway... we had lunch and we went to do our own shopping. And on the second last Auntie Roslyn arranged for me and my parents to go to this super posh place where all the elites go to have their thai/spa massage. Damn nice la the place... like some spa thingy... Wah.. I feel like some rich assss... And after that we had dinner at a very good Japanese restaurant.. and the most excting of all, because I happened to come at a time where thailand is celebrating their King's 60th coronation, we went to see fireworks. I felt like a RICH ASS AGAIN. Cos we all squeezed into the Mercedes mini van with 2 of Auntie Roslyn's personal helper/guards/drivers. Two good looking 30-somethings men wearing balck uniform. 2 personal attendants. And they brought along a WALKIE TALKIE... Why? To communicate with each other so that we can have the best comforts to watch the fireworks. One of the men accompanied us down to the highway bridge to watch the fireworks. He brought along a torchlight so that we could see our way better. Can you imagine a bodyguard accompanying a group of us in the midstof so many people.. Fwah. Along the way, there was a terrible Bangkok traffic jam. And we were thirsty. So wad did Auntie Roslyn do? Get her man to buy drinks for us in the middle of the jam. @_@. Oh.. and halfway throughout the jam The driver pulled down a TV screen for us to watch soccer in case we are bored. *Flips* RICH ASS. I feel like a rich spolit brat in Thailand.... And on the last day of our trip, my dear Auntie Roslyn got one of her men to drive us to the airport... and arranged for us to rest at the SIA first class lounge before we boarded our... um... budget tiger airways plane. Wahahahaahaa... I totally din expect such VIP treatment.. I went to Bangkok with intentions of a budget and cost-saving trip. Wah din expect I ended with this....
Interesting trip.

Hello, you old and salty bitch.

Hi, dear beloved blog. Im so glad you are still around. Even the 2000 trends have gone and... come back again. And you, are still here! The ...