Monday, July 10, 2006

My JB trip

Now that the photos are out.. can finally post something on my much enjoyed JB trip wif my small group outing.

Pointers about the trip: The food was absolutely sedap! SEDAP! Good! BAGUS!

Now about my scary eating capacity.. I re-discovered them during the trip. My fren Hans planned the trip this was the itinerary:

-Meet at Bugis MRT
-Take bus to JB
-Take cab to some ulu ulu Todak restaurant for lunch (later we found that the Todak moved to a further place so we settled at ALAM recommended by the cabby.)
-Go to Jusco shopping centre (watch movie, shop etc... )
-Back to City Square
-Back to Customs and Singapore

I didn't know we were having sea food for lunch. Dang. Was complaining that I couldn't eat much cos I had a heavy breakfast. But once I reached the place I was so delighted... who wouldn't, such a scenic view..




















And starters was ice-cold coconut juice. Slurrrrp.... after a hot journey in the cab... And here comes the fooood...



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

With this kind of food, how can I say I'm full....? I forgot all about my breakfast and whackked the food. Until even the guys gave up eating... and I'm still at the crabs. Muahahahahaa. Whacked the crabs clean... The thing about seafood is not to eat the carbos, I avoided rice and drinks much as I could.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Cleaned up all the plates..... and the kangkong like free one... they gave us a mountainful plate of kangkong... eat sure can pang sai....




This tap is damn farni... faces out to the sea...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And we headed to Jusco! But before that, the cabby said he wanted to fetch his cute 7 year old daughter back from school. So he said give us 5 minutes and he drove to her school. I was dumbfounded... he put his daughter on his lap and drove just a street down to his nice condo apartment. wah... likedat also can. His daughter is soo cute.. ah din take picture...

And we reached Jusco... huge place....
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Too bad, most of us didn't bring enough cash... so we window shopped. But I guess their shops still cannot beat teh GSS over here.. things at that shopping centre still quite costly.. but I so wanted to go this place...

SECRET RECIPE. (huh? not full from lunch ah? Eh not really leh...haha!)

We split up and walked around.. Me, Liping and Linda were together for the first 2 hours. Linda bought some Mango clothes.. Then we met at a place where those who wanted to watch movie went to watch, leaving me, Junwei, Ai Ping and Linda to shop more. Just before we left we were looking at what each other bought from shopping.

Stupid me itchy hands.... Junwei had 2 bags. He took out a shirt from Espirit from the first bag and showed it to us. I itchy hands go and take out the stuff from the second bag. And I saw... undergarment. -_-
So pai seh... haha! So I immediately shoved the thing back into his plastic bag. And I turned red. I think Ai Ping and Matthew were laughing at me. Haha...

Junwei and Linda's catch of the day...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

On our way to the loo I met with a very very exaggerated display to close the gents.
Look at how they seal it.... Machiam you step inside will get blown up or something. Its just a toilet lo... hahhahaa
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And we headed to Secret Recipe!!!!
I had a huge fat slice of Tiramisu cake!
Linda had cheese cake!
JunWei had chocolate banana!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Met one of my JB frens there... Jun Hui. (not related to Jun Wei. ha) She was soo sweet... she treated us to the meal at Secret Recipe.

Later on I bought a shirt at Padini Authentics. And she lent me money cos I didn't bring enough cash. Aww... without her I couldn't have bought much. :) And I shopped with her a little longer after the tea. Popular at Jusco is like Kinokuniya in Singapore. So posh and nice. Why can't they have it like that over here too man.. I bought a Pooh bear letter pad for Yimin. To say she loves Pooh Bear is an understatement. She lives on Pooh Bear.

And!!!! DINNER!!!!! MANHATTHAN FISH MARKET.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
As usual.. I said I wanted something light.. but in the end I got a whole fish with a pile of garlic rice. I frightened the guys again. Ha.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Food monster....

And then Matte and Jun Wei ordered an icer-cream brownie. Ai ya... Matthew ah.. no wonder so skinny. Cannot eat liao. So, I took over and shared the dessert with Jun Wei. I should have a title as Makan Queen.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And.. something to bring back home before we left the place back to Singapore on taxi...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Doughnuts..mmmm nice and fluffy....

By the time we reached home was already midnight... But it was a good day. :)

Hello, you old and salty bitch.

Hi, dear beloved blog. Im so glad you are still around. Even the 2000 trends have gone and... come back again. And you, are still here! The ...