He sat on my left, I saw His face, it was so comforting, His glowing amber eyes seemed to penetrate my thoughts, drawing out all my woes to Him... and I sat there, and went on and on rattling my troubles to Him....
And I opened my eyes and lifted up my head which was bowed in prayer... What a cool image I had in my mind while praying... To be able to relax on a beach and uncoiling from all the downs in life... I was feeling a little tired and hopeless in my perspective in life a few weeks back. I so wanted to have a mini- getaway.. and maybe thats why I figured a beach was a good place, to commune with God...
After that prayer on Sunday, I went for my camp on Tuesday. It was held at Aloha Loyang Chalet. We had some free time before the programme started. Most of the people went to swim. I couldn't join them in swimming, so I made my way to the beach alone. And I sat down on the shore. Hmm.. it felt strangely familiar... bright shore, and cloudy skies at the far end.... and the shore was tranquil, (apart from a couple frolicking about a hundred metres away from me...) I drew pictures on the sand and enjoyed my solitude...
In the later afternoon, we headed to the beach again for games.... I tried to recall again why was the beach strangely familiar... I looked out at the skies ahead... now I remember! It was what I pictured on Sunday... hmm... that was so beautiful..... Of course, I can't help but think that God was speaking to me.. that during the camp I will be refreshed and rejuvenated... filled with His spirit and strength and hope again.
And throughout the camp the beach was to me a place of cheering up, a place where I can forget about disappointments and difficulties... a place of fun and fellowship with my brethen in Christ. Lovely lovely, to be in Christ, to be in the fellowship of Christ.... to know that God is in my midst. How I am in love again...