Saturday, December 23, 2006

Christmas!!!! But I'm sick :(

Yikes.. I'm having stomach flu now. FLU. Flew. Phlu.. Fili, Fala, Faaa lalalalalalalaaaa laalalalalalala lalalalaalala!!!!!!!

And tomorrow's Christmas. And I am performing. And I am going out after that to enjoy myself... How to with this fever....???

Haa... I think as you all know.. I'm very high when I have fever... I will start crapping and laughing... strange.

Anyway... since I have all the time now and I am so bored, I shall do a little food for thought.
Christmas, what IS Christmas?

I seriously am not sure what the world out there thinks of Christmas. As far as I know, the consummerist market have turned this occasion as a celebration on its own- to celebrate consummerism. This Christmas, get your loved ones a new ___ and a beautiful ___. What the hell for? Its the spirit of giving, and desiring and getting. Er... you seem to have left out something here..... Christmas... CHRISTmas... or Xmas (X representing a cross) ...

Its to commerate the birth of a Saviour, a special man. Apparently, this commeration has been clouded by Santa Claus, Reindeers, Frosty the Snowman.. what else.... log cakes, pine trees, candy canes and things that do not belong in tropical Singapore.

Erm, pardon me for being cynical ah... but why do we have pine trees and fake snow flakes on our window panes? Or even log cakes? And then you sit at East Coast looking at a coconut tree and next to you is a overtly decorated pine tree...plastic pine tree.... Are we celebrating winter in Singapore?

And then people come together to have dinner- Ham, turkey, etc... Some people think Christmas should be a romantic time, with your loved one, erm, maybe having dinner at a beautifully decorated Orchard Road, some people think Christmas should have a warm feeling- I can't describe: when I was younger, I wanted to feel this something during Christmas, so on the eve of Christmas, late at night, I spread icing over my biscuit and placed a cherry on it, like a cupcake... and I started eating in my room with a hot drink, hope to feel some Christmas mood. My maid thought I was siao.

What are you looking for this Christmas? What is Christmas to you? How do you identify with Santa Claus or a Snow man (which I bet most of us never even seen a real one before?) And, lastly, how do you identify with the original Christmas, the birth of a man? Many Christmas songs we sing, do you know that we sing the song for this man? Are you able to sing with your heart, the Christmas songs?

Why not come feel some warmth and Christmas spirit at a church? We have songs and performance, and prayers that will melt your heart. :)

Charis Tabernacle at 64 Tanjong Katong Road
11am Christmas Service.
Gimme a msg if you are interested. (that is if you know me) :)

Ok.. its not that I totally condemn Christmas and winter-looking decorations for Christmas, I think its beautiful... really beautiful... but, as a sociologist, I have to question the whole notion, the meaning behind everything... things are nice... but sometimes you have to have an explanation for it.... Would you buy a lovely lacey bra and wear it outside your shirt? But its nice!! And expensive!!!! Siao. Or would you wear you nice wooly sweater( bought from TopShop or something) to a hot and oily hawker centre? I bet you would die first.

So yea.... thoughts and ponders, thats what I do best. THINK THINK!!!!!!! DECONSTRUCT! QUESTION!!!!

Hello, you old and salty bitch.

Hi, dear beloved blog. Im so glad you are still around. Even the 2000 trends have gone and... come back again. And you, are still here! The ...