Wakeboarders are very... hmm.... one of a kind. The guys are tanned, have earrings, and they smoke a lot. They tend to have tattoos too. And they drive a cool speed boat. And when you wakeboard, you are supposed to act cool. The cooler your pose, they better you can board.
I managed to stand on a wakeboard upon my second try in Batam few months ago. So today I worked on my shifting skills. Cool, but tiring, and because the speed of the boat was fast, slamming into the water totally knocked my brains off... There was one moment when the boat turned and I was managing the turn, but the centrifugal force was too strong and knocked me off balance and I slammed sideways into the water... ouch... my board flew away from my legs and I felt my brains fly out of my head... haha no la... but it took some time to regain my consciousness.. I was zonked out for a moment... still very wuzzy from all the choppy waters now..
Nicole was cool too, we all tried the same moves but she also ended up slamming into the water...
Ken Jia had her first go on a wakeboard.. she fell into the water many times.. but its ok Ken Jia!!! You will make it the next round! Sure! I fell in many times when I first tried too!
We met a new fren called Ronald, thanks to him we had good transport to and fro the country club.
Oh.. and it was suprising that I met Cher Ling and the Andrew gang there too!!!! Wah so coincidental in an ulu place like punggol.... She was there with her PA company to wakeboard!!! Wah seh!!! Tell me which company so zai give their employees wakeboarding sessions! Rocks man!!
Sadly it rained dinosaurs and elephants at around 4... We had to head back to the jetty... But it was just fun!
Pictures... er,.. its only me cos my camera died while out in the open sea.. so cannot take more...
