I finally had time to put pictures of my Hong Kong trip!!! "Huh Amy you went Hong Kong?" Yea I did!!!" Haha it was a rather last minute arrangement.

Dawn @ changi airport

On the plane: Cathay Airline

Dawn @ changi airport

On the plane: Cathay Airline
Our first meal of the day at HK: The lengendary can-see-the-whole-prawn-wrapped in wanton noodles.

Scouting our way in the MTR


Scouting our way in the MTR

Thought the poster was quite alluring, but I din capture the model well...

Some art exhibition at some high-classed shopping centre. Seriously I dun know the name of the shopping centre, because, er, we were there to find toilet. :P

Some art exhibition at some high-classed shopping centre. Seriously I dun know the name of the shopping centre, because, er, we were there to find toilet. :P
I like this picture of the man and woman though, and the crescents that are on top of them. Seriously, the portrayal of the moons with the woman reminds me of... um... 月经。
I like the roof and the high structure.

The shiny building caught my eye. I don't really see shiny reflective buildings in Singapore.

Walking up to the tram area, shucks forgot the name. The tram that goes up to the peak. Tourist spot.

Hey! did I tell you Jacky is my friend?

Here comes the super star tram. Why do I call it superstar? Well, when the tram approaches everyone (including me) scrambles for their camera to take a shot of it.

Mommy and me up in the tram.

The shiny building caught my eye. I don't really see shiny reflective buildings in Singapore.

Walking up to the tram area, shucks forgot the name. The tram that goes up to the peak. Tourist spot.

Hey! did I tell you Jacky is my friend?

Here comes the super star tram. Why do I call it superstar? Well, when the tram approaches everyone (including me) scrambles for their camera to take a shot of it.

Mommy and me up in the tram.
Up the peak.

Me and the superstar tram. I queued to take a picture with it ok! What a diva tram.

The view on the peak. The lighting was not very good. The weather there is cloudy most of the time.

Hoho.... one middle-aged caucasian man asked me to help him take a picture with this similar backdrop a few mins after I took this. He posed with an asian guy, good friends maybe... After I passed him the camera back, and both of them were looking at their picture with contentment, and the asian guy slapped the caucasian's butt. o_O My eyes nearly popped out.

My dad has a famous fren too...

At some chinese restaurant. I think I have a very bad memory for Cantonese names. I felt like a mute over there, everyone was greeting me in canto and all I could do was to stare blankly and smile....

Roasted duck. Not very nice actually... the meat so tough...

Desert was mango pudding... the legendary one at Shui Liu Shan. REALLY GOOD. Mango pudding, with mango puree sauce, cubed mango flesh AND topped with mango icecream, and some pomelo bits. Mango madnesss.... oh and with coconut sauce too... sluurp

Dim sum breakfast the next day. We were on a one day city tour, which I din enjoy for the large part of it. :/

At some place where it was know to have some good feng shui. Tourist spot. People go there to pray for wealth and fertility, while I mopped around for some good view...

The only nice view I found...

Me and the superstar tram. I queued to take a picture with it ok! What a diva tram.

The view on the peak. The lighting was not very good. The weather there is cloudy most of the time.

Hoho.... one middle-aged caucasian man asked me to help him take a picture with this similar backdrop a few mins after I took this. He posed with an asian guy, good friends maybe... After I passed him the camera back, and both of them were looking at their picture with contentment, and the asian guy slapped the caucasian's butt. o_O My eyes nearly popped out.

My dad has a famous fren too...

At some chinese restaurant. I think I have a very bad memory for Cantonese names. I felt like a mute over there, everyone was greeting me in canto and all I could do was to stare blankly and smile....

Roasted duck. Not very nice actually... the meat so tough...

Desert was mango pudding... the legendary one at Shui Liu Shan. REALLY GOOD. Mango pudding, with mango puree sauce, cubed mango flesh AND topped with mango icecream, and some pomelo bits. Mango madnesss.... oh and with coconut sauce too... sluurp

Dim sum breakfast the next day. We were on a one day city tour, which I din enjoy for the large part of it. :/

At some place where it was know to have some good feng shui. Tourist spot. People go there to pray for wealth and fertility, while I mopped around for some good view...

The only nice view I found...

Joining a tour is really sloppy. You get down the bus, walk around a confined place, get up the bus, sleep, reach the lunch destination, eat, get on the bus, fall asleep to the next destination. And look at the real Hong Kong from a window pane. Sloppy.

The only perk of the tour was the trip to Lantau island. Why? Cos we took a public bus that goes up the highlands to this sight-seeing place. And the highlands brought back trekking memories. Its actually a monument of the giant Buddha at the top of the peak. I thought the urn behind me was interesting as it looked ancient, but bahh... self taken portraits are not perfect, couldn't cover the whole thing.

Another attempt to show the mountain behind...

I took this with a self timer.... heheh

What is interesting about this circle on the ground is that it is architecturally built for voice projection. I stood in the middle and stomped my feet, and the echo was amplified a great lot. I guess it should be used for prayers or something in this instance...

Desert again... at Shui Liu Shan. Apart from looking at my folks, the picture captures the menu in too. So many types of deserts... And they offer traditional one too like gui ling gao, below...

My desert: Guiling gao with a modern punch. Like bubble tea style, I slurp the black jelly up mixed in coconut milk, mango ice-cream and mango bits. Reeeeallly yummmy...

The same mango pudding.

Uh... happy dad.

Another thing that struch me in this picture, is the number of signboards sticking out into the middle of the street above the shop houses. I think its a signature of Hong Kong, narrow lanes, with lots of stuff jutting out, drapped in bright neon lighting and huge signages that are in-your-face when you lift up your head. But try not to lift your head. You will get air-con water splatting on your face. I think I even saw one huge, huge poster advertising tuition teachers, posing coolly on the ad. Man, they are placed alongside with models on the other signages.. tutors have it good there.. they become celebrities...

Sumptous breakfast at some tau huay shop. You actually drink the soya milk from a bowl. But when you dip the fat you tiao stick into the milk and eat it, you feel that soy milk and you tiao can bring you world peace....

Their chee chong fun. The thin thin kind. Forgot wad you call it again. See! I'm a kantang!!!! Don't remember all the cheena names!!!
Anyway, I got so bored taking pictures that I didn't take any for the last 2 days after this breakfast. And I certainly didn't take pictures of the things I bought... the memory card of the camera will be overflooded, if you see my point... But it was a good trip all in all!!!



