Wednesday, September 12, 2007
This guy blows me away. Very talented and the air he exudes just brightens up your day. :)
The video is about letting the burdens unto the Lord.
For the last 2 weeks, while I was overseas, I tried to detach myself from relying too much on God. I wanted to understand how it was like again to live my life like in the past, without God in the picture, in the things that I do. I tried to live my life in a perspective without God, meaning I tried to enjoy my life soley through shopping, hanging out with friends, checking out the coolest fashion/ sports etc... But I realised even though all these pleasures made me feel good for the moment, deep down inside I was not happy.
After all the excitement, when I went home, there was this dull thud. I couldn't face being alone, with nothing to do. I needed something to do to distract me from the impending emptiness that was over powering. This emptiness and dread arose from all my uncertainties of myself, because I was feeling inferior and concerned of how people looked at me. I didn't like the present state that I am, and my mind was constantly trying think of how I can be better. I didn't want a moment to myself because I cannot come to terms with my present state, and the things that I done in the past. At this point of time, I also found it hard to come back to God, as if talking to some one invisible would help my situation. It didn't make sense, so I was reluctant to pray as usual. This carried on for about 2 weeks, and I realised I had lost some of the optimism and unspoken joy I had in my heart.
So I said a short prayer last night. Just a simple short prayer. "God, I need You in my life to make it right again." A tear rolled down. Read some verses to encourage myself, and went to bed. Thankfully I'm much happier and my spirits are better today. Because I have the trust and faith of the goodness of life again.
I know of a lot of people who are very pessimistic about life, and they more they grow, the darker the world seems to get. But I assure you from the bottom of my heart, that if you are willing to just say a little prayer in your heart to God and acknowlegde that you need Him in your life to make it right, and lift up your burdens to Him, you will get much more than you ever expected. If you feel your life is already in the drapes and there is nothing you can do but wallow in darkness, no harm trying it.
If you are not sure who God really is as the christians say, ask Him in your prayers to reveal Himself. Thats what I did. I got an answer in the end. Seek and you will find.
Life can be full of hope and glory, even in the messiest situation, because there is this creator in control of those who humble themselves to seek help from Him and put faith in Him. This is the afterthought that I take away with.
Hello, you old and salty bitch.
Hi, dear beloved blog. Im so glad you are still around. Even the 2000 trends have gone and... come back again. And you, are still here! The ...
-
Check out this video... its so..... cute. Hahahha. As cute as Ms D****. :D No doubt this dancer has the skill man...
-
Introducing Fair Trade.... I got a box of Fair Trade tea for Christmas, when my office were distributing the stuffs in the Christmas hampe...