Friday, September 14, 2007

Pulau Ubin cycling

Haha.. yet another long post in a day. Only free this period to blog hehe....

I went cycling with Ken Jia yesterday, at Pulau Ubin. Eversince I stopped training, and returned the racing bike to Hans, I missed cycling dearly... so I dragged Ms Ong over to Ubin.

Ms Ong initially was so lazy... and she felt like going back home to sleep.. but thankfully weather was good!!! I was roasted!!! Woohoo! We reached Changi Village and packed nasi lemak into my bag(which smelt of fried chicken later on =/... ) and scooted on a ferry to Ubin Dao!!!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Entrance of Ubin



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
We cycled to Noordin beach, where Ken Jia's nostalgic NPCC HQ is near...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
She is opening up the box of cake I made for her, her birthday was the previous day...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Tada! Chocolate cake with gum-paste flowers!!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Eating our nasi at a hut by the beach. Our 2 good bikes behind...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Picnic time!!!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
This was the point where Ken Jia's bike chain came off. Seriously, both of us have NEVER fixed a bike chain before.... we were riding on the dirt path to Chek Jawa when her chain came off in the middle of the jungle trail where there was no one in sight.... ahhh!!! And what's worse, given my huge backpack, I FORGOT TO BRING INSECT REPELLENT. We had over 10 to 20 bites on each leg. And the mozzies happily feasted on us while we were struggling to fix the chain.. But volia!!! Girls can do what guys can! We fixed it!!!!! But got our hands black like mud after that. In this picture, we already cleaned off the oil.... but still black...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Chek Jawa is open! And they have this monumental "House no. 1" Its a cosy old colonial cottage. Very sweet...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Very rustic feel to the brick walls... Aiya nice pose but Ken Jia's eyes were half closed...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Nevermind the words on my shirt, Ken Jia gave me that shirt from Aussie. Look instead at the nice frame of the building

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Just like a holiday bungalow. Me and Ken Jia have planned to move into make it our country home. Cool eh? By the sea! ~~ Dream on gals..~~
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Back view of the cottage. Seriously hard to imagine I can find this in Singapore.. or rather, Ubin...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Ahh... don't I accessorize this picture.. ahahah

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
This is the start of the Chek Jawa coastal boardwalk. Unfortunately, the tide was high that day, so I saw nothing but sea water, if not usually, the seabed can be seen...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Happy Ken Jia....

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Nice, naturalistic view of the sea behind...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
This fruit is what we call the attap chee! The seed I enjoy eating in ice kachang! Attap Chee comes from.... Attap plant! Which means palm tree...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
A sealed entrance to the quarry with a loophole. Guess what... We sneaked in the hole...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Nice view of the quarry, but be very, very careful, the place is restricted for a reason. One step off the edge of this cliff and you will fall storeys down into the lake... and it might be fatal. So we were very careful not to step over the rock. We want our lives...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
But I must say its a nice view... But we dare not take any step beyond where Ken Jia was... scary
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I like this picture =)
We spent a short time in this place, as it was deserted and dangerous. After taking pictures we quickly scooted off...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
End of the trip! Tired but mission accomplished! 1) Tan obtained! 2) Cycling all over Ubin done!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Waiting for boat at Jetty!

Hello, you old and salty bitch.

Hi, dear beloved blog. Im so glad you are still around. Even the 2000 trends have gone and... come back again. And you, are still here! The ...