Saturday, December 31, 2005

Narnia!


This is my first attempt to do a movie critic, haha. I have watched Narnia twice (there is a hole in my pocket, I know) and nevertheless, it still brings me joy, hope and grandeur to my heart everytime I think about it...
What I like about plot is on the innocence of all the characters, especially since they were played by and with children. Violence and gruelsome scenes are close to none, even the evil creatures kinda look goofy, except for the Snow Queen of course, she does look a little menancing, but not scarily meanancing like some Sadako like-creature, just.. fierce.. and icy, of course.
The beaver is ever so cute, but I cannot stand his spouse (the female beaver) who totally does not act nor sound like a beaver, and I feel is annoying with her high-pitched, thick british accented voice which sounds more like a grandmother fussing over the kids.
The initial scenes when the children were sent away during the WW2 brought a few tears to many watching, we are reminded of the harsh reality of life during the war. But the scenes where the children are in the house of the professor and when Lucy first met Mr Tummas, the human-goat like thingy callled a faun was a tad too draggy...
Of course the most glorious part of the show is when Peter and Edmund, (so called sons of Adam) fulfilled the prophecy and transformed themselves into teenage warriors for Narnia. Its amazing, really to see boys dressed in armour, it brings the man out of them. The battle scene was fantastic. (cos I heard it was from Weta digital which helped do LOTR too) I could watch that for 10 times and it still takes my breath away. (Maybe I'm more like a military person.. :P)
And when the children were crowned kings and queens, I felt they never looked better.. The costumes brought the best features and grandeur out of them.
Apart from very good props, the bibilcal content of the story goes well with christians. :) Aslan the lion was an accurate respresentation of Jesus in many aspects. How he sacrificed his life, how he was willing to be the subject of torture for those evil ones... enough said...

Overall, I love the show.

Hello, you old and salty bitch.

Hi, dear beloved blog. Im so glad you are still around. Even the 2000 trends have gone and... come back again. And you, are still here! The ...