GOsh... I HATE products like this!!!!! Absolutely hate it.... Are such products going to further cause more girls to suffer and think that they are FOREVER not slim enough???? I hate those slimming advertisements on newspapers!!!
You see... my parents are persuading ME to buy the Otto or Osim (wad eva!) slimming belt. Its this huge vibrating belt like those wrestling matches we watch where the winner dons it.... You know... place it on my tummy... let it jiggle the fats away... and my arms and thighs as well.. JIGGLE the fats away...
I don't understand. Its 300 dollars. A whopping $300. I can buy so many more useful stuff than that "jiggling" thing. And yet, my parents were rather enthusiastically asking me if I want to get it. I know its nice of them... they wanted to buy it for me... but WHY!!!!!!! Am I that huge?
One reason my mom gave was because my neighbours have it. And they are not even fat! They are faaar from fat. Their whole weight-conscious family is using it. Some comments my parents gave: 'It will reduce your arm size" "Ohh... its not that you are fat.. you need to reduce your frame...." right. Okay. yes I appreciate the fact that my parents want me to look good. They probably dun want any guys running away from me, and maybe they feel my self-esteem will be improved if I am slimmer.
But if I have to blame, I will blame the freeakin mass media. Argh! Believe me! Ask around! NO GIRL WILL THINK THEY ARE SLIM ENOUGH.
I'm sick of it.. I'm sick of myself saying that I am fat.. I'm sick of friends telling me they have fats which I think are practically non-existent. I am not fat. Get real! I know that it is impossible to be as thin as those actresses unless I eat raw veggies and nothing more everyday! That applies to the rest of the gals too! It is impossible to be soooo thin and yet have a normal diet! Such thinness sucks the life out of people! They dun eat much! Might as well be manneqins.
The final fact: Being thin does not mean being beautiful. Its how well you feel good about youself that brings forth the radiant beauty. I used to be much thinner than I was now. But because I was always so unhappy with myself, I often look listless and dull, always sulking. That does not make me look better than I am now....
To hell with those ads and peer pressure to be thin. Just ensure a healthy lifestyle, exercise more, feel healthy.. what more can you ask for? To be thin and sickly from dieting?