Sunday, January 15, 2006

CNY Cookie Drill

Chinese New Year is round the corner, very soon this year... and there is much to do. Under orders of AOM (Authority of Mother), I am hereby commissioned to bake New Year Goodies. Lotsa work, considering that school has started, but under the order, I am much obligated to throw in as much time.
Yesterday was a kickstart to the baking, I baked butter cookies. I don't know if its me (if you remember my entry on the Hulkess) or of the quality of the cookie presser is bad, but I broke the lever of the cookie presser. For half an hour I was in a foul mood and tried all other ways to shape the dough into the beautiful floral pattern(those with a cherry bit in the centre) , but to no avail. Finally I used back the cookie presser without a lever, meaning I had to push the dough out of the presser with my hands, which was hard work.
But it was a sucess, I have made 2 containers of butter biscuits. Today, I shall continue with almond cookies. Which, is an easier task, no cookie presser required. In time, AOM requested chocolate chip cookies and pineapple tarts to be made as well. Hmm... if I could get the recipes for kueh lapis and chocolate fudge cake, that will be perfect....
Hmm.. meanwhile, if you suck up to me and if I am satisfied, you can be rewarded with a container of biscuits. Muahahaha.
Butter Cookies... Hmm a bit sparse la.. the container... bcos some of them are eaten already..

Hello, you old and salty bitch.

Hi, dear beloved blog. Im so glad you are still around. Even the 2000 trends have gone and... come back again. And you, are still here! The ...