Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Bus Stop talk

I bumped into my primary/ secondary classmate while going home today. She lives in the block opposite me. We always had bus stop talks, since my JC days. We walked to the bus stop that stood in between our blocks. Bus after bus came, but we still sat there and kept in touch with each other our lives....

Our lives have gone through so much since our primary school days, she used to be one of the tallest in school (I'm still shorter than her) and I remembered how we would hang out together and how she, being the bigger and braver one, would grab my hand while we crossed the road illegally =) We were never that close, up to the point of being best friends, but we were "get-along-well friends" But in recent years, I felt I could relate to her better, it was enjoyable talking to her, we could go on for hours.

So she now works as a nurse in an operating theatre. Things can get pretty traumatic there, sometimes lives can be lost, sometimes things go wrong... as she was relating her experiences to me, she was to the point of tearing, and I sat there, only being able to grasp her emotions only at the tip of the iceberg, for I can never fully understand unless I was in the operating theatre myself. I could only look at her with my most understanding eyes... Fortunately she always looked to God for the source of her strength to be emotionally stable in the operating theatre...

Think we have been through quite a bit of experiences in our own paths of life, but somehow the night air and maybe the nostalgic bus stop or the quiet of our neighbourhood romanitcizes the place, our feelings and thoughts get conveyed more easily.

So it was a nice reflecting, good old catching up one hour talk... good ol' fren...

Hello, you old and salty bitch.

Hi, dear beloved blog. Im so glad you are still around. Even the 2000 trends have gone and... come back again. And you, are still here! The ...