Usually I don't find men a threat. I mean, they are guys, and the standards will be different. They are the gentlemen and I let them do all the things they offer, give their seat, open the doors, etc.... while I act bimbotic around them.. "ahh the door is tooooo heavy..... oh..oh.. its closing on me!!!! *whimpers*" OR "Ohhh my heeels are killing me... can you offer me a seat? Preettty please??? *flutters eyelids*" (HAHAHAA)
BUT.... when they tread into MY territory.... I first of all, do not find them a potential or attractive anymore. Secondly, I feel very threatened suddenly about my own capablities not only as a woman, but as me as an individual. MY EGO.
Men... read this.... Do not boast about your cooking skills in front of me. Even if u can cook/ bake better (cross my fingers I hope not)
I don't know why, but when men talk about cooking, it seems very scary. They turn cooking techniques into some regimental, solemn ritual. Mahybe its their low voices. Maybe its the way they look at me seriously when they talk cooking. It says "Don't mess around with cookng. tkae it seriously"
When I cook, its always a fun and leisurely thing. A little this and that, get the kitchen messy, scream when things are overcooked, laugh at it, crack stupid jokes while I'm cooking. A very feminine feel about it. But when you get men into the conversation, (apart from Jamie Oliver) they seem to tell you that you need the best ingredients, the best techniques, and everything seems to have a more professional light towards it. Even they way they describe their cooking. Strange, all the men I spoke to seem to be best at pasta. So, pasta is a MAN thing huh? Wadeva.
But, yea, so far my conversations with guys are quite stressful when it comes to cooking. It puts me off that they sound more professional than me. I think its the female ego in me. That women should fare better in this. That I should be the one to fatten MY man. Its MY job as the WOman, to feed and fatten the man. Raarrrr!!!!!!