I'm leaving... from the academic scene, to embark on a God-knows-what path in life. Its kinda abrupt, have not really planned for it yet, but in one month's time after this special semester I will officially leave NUS.
Some people asked me if I want to stay on, but I guess I'm tired of having to worry and struggle to pull up the grades, and having to face the competition of grades against other people. Maybe a new phase in life would be better for me then.
If ya asked me, I guess I'm still in some denial, the truth have not sunk into me yet, and I'm feeling rather "floaty" right now. Neither here nor there, dun really belong anywhere. Whats more all my buddies are staying on in campus, I'm the only one moving out, so it feels strange too... I'm really gonna miss hanging out with you guys, in school, in the library, having lessons etc. I guess I'll take some time adapting to changes....
But at the same time, I'm quite looking forward to a new life, totally different environment, where you feel responsible for yourself and for others, where I feel like I am capable of sharing the burdens of having to support the family, care for them etc... hmm
So, that spells the end of my 10++ years of education (unfortunately I will have to miss my graduation ceremony), an abrupt and sudden end to it... but, I'm still glad for the paths I took so far. Progress on to phase 2!