Thursday, May 10, 2007

Sunshiny days!

I'm back! Been wanting to post for sometime but blogger has been acting weird.

Exams ended last friday officially, but due to my special semester and my research at the sociology department, my holidays are no different from term time. But, I really enjoy what I'm doing for this speical semester. I'm taking Singapore urban history and architecture. For one thing, I will never see the streets and buildings of Singapore in the same light again. Some buildings and streets are rich with history, dating even back to the early 1400s. Yes! 1400! We started not from 1819 but all the way back in the early millienium as a settlement!

And I have been having a fair share of playing too, went to East Coast Park on Sunday to blade. The beach was beautiful and looking like a decent beach on that day. Tree climbing was fun too. (Yes I climbed a tree)

I went on a city tour around the CBD area today for my module. It was really enriching. So many things that we don't notice, given that we live in this tiny place for our whole life.

Because of my special schedule, and the holidays, I'm pretty much alone doing my own thing this time. Which is good, makes me quieten down, and reflect on what I really like to think and do with my time. Walking around instead of being stuck in the library is a joyful thing. The sun in my eyes, the sky so blue, feeling the sweat and heat of my body working... makes me alive!

Of course I still meet up with friends, but the holidays bring a nice, leisurely feeling to spend my time, be it alone or with company, no nagging feeling that I should be spending my time on something else.

Somehow, things are going pretty pleasantly, maybe its the sun or doing the things that I enjoy, I'm feeling quite lighthearted. :)

Hello, you old and salty bitch.

Hi, dear beloved blog. Im so glad you are still around. Even the 2000 trends have gone and... come back again. And you, are still here! The ...