Attended a rock climbing course last thursday and friday with Nicole. For all you rock climbing enthusiaists out there... Climb Adventure is open beside Clementi Stadium on the second floor at Clementi Sports and Recreation Club.
The last time I didn't get to complete my level 2 cert because I had to rush an essay and I skipped the second day of the course. That was like... 2-3 years ago? My my... time flies....
Okie here are the pictures...
Instructor Adrian up at the top....
Nicole lead climbing.. (it means to set up the rope as you climb.... no rope set on top for the climber )
Here comes... the Glorious moment where my hair got caught.... below.... instructor to the rescue!
(Wad happened was that my hair was too close to my harness..and my hair got caught in between the rope and my harness equippent when I was rappeling down... the more I slide myself down the rope with my device, the more my hair got caught in between the device... almost pulled my scalp out! I was left hanging there for 15 minutes, when I screamed for my instructor to save me. It was quite scary, being up there in an awkward position feeling trapped and helpless... Those people around me below were amused and perplexed that my hair could get stuck.. never seen this case before... even the instructor was flabberghasted....and dear Nicole happily snapped away... nevermind at least got the memories... hahha)
Video of the scene... I was telling Adrian to tie a loop above me on the rope, so that I could step on the loop that he tied and release the tension off my harness so that my hair could come off... how to explain... my hair got caught in my belaying device because my entire weight was on the harness and belaying device... so now I sort of transferred my body weight to my legs by stepping on the loop that he tied... see the picture of Nicole stepping on the green cord above... that is the loop that I was supposed to step on...
The video stopped before I could stand on the loop tied to the rope...
What a day. Despite this freak accident, I'm still qualified for climbing level 2. :)
What a day. Despite this freak accident, I'm still qualified for climbing level 2. :)