Anyway, I transformed those bushy looking pandan leaves and purple sweet potatoes that I bought into....

Tada!!! Onde Ondes!!!!! I was sooo pleased. They were a huge sucess. Very soft on the outside, and when you bite them, the gula melaka syrup squirts out of the skin! Mixing sweet potatoes and glutinous rice flour makes the dough much softer and smoother. I got this recipe thanks to this food blogger Cheryl, http://thebakerwhocooks.blogspot.com who is always so crazy about food, and I think spends every free time she has researching and cooking. She is a real foodie. man...
Think I'm gonna try more local recipes for the time being... its quite weird when people ask me what can I bake or cook, its always pasta, or cakes, or something not local. I think its because a lot of recipes and cookbooks are always from overseas. Especially online recipes (too expensive to afford books la...) Or maybe its because while my mother and maid cooks for meals, I would be in my own room thinking they don't need an extra hand. Hmm... what shall I attempt next???