Sunday, July 22, 2007

Trials and Tribulations of Triathlon...

Triathlon is next week... Up till date I would say I don't regret my decision for taking it up... Initially I was so fearful of it... I thought I would just pass out or cry during the race itself.

But its amazing how much the body can take. Its amazing how my body is changing too... I feel fitter, healthier and not so much of a blob of lard.

Training can be tough... sometimes during the exercise I pant and push myself to go on, wondering if I could actually take the whole 3 segments of the race at one go. But, I went for the training clinic last week, and I could that I could at least drag myself to complete all the segments without the need to cry or be hopeless.... and it gives me the confidence to go more than I actually can...

It really becomes mind over body, at some point in time its all in the mind... strange... but there are times when I teared over the things I had to go through despite all my schedule... Draggin myself to run or go for a long day for training felt absolutely dreadful, and there was also a time when I cycled alone to kallang, met with some scary foreign workers, fell off my bike and got some painful bruises on my butt and shin. These were the times I really felt like crying.... Not to forget how I first fell off the racing bike and scrapped my knee badly.... and times when I jogged to unfamiliar places which felt really creepy....

But all that is over, and I sort of got used to it, and know where to avoid now... ultimately all these paid off... I see a stronger me. At my strongest point in time, and healthiest. My knees have not been giving me much of a problem, thankfully, and I feel more seasoned in running swimming and cycling now...

I'm glad triathlon has pushed me to my limits... and allowed me to train more than I ever thought my body could take. I really hope I can keep up such a lifestyle as often as possible.. :) Look forward to next sat!!! Come support me ppl!

Hello, you old and salty bitch.

Hi, dear beloved blog. Im so glad you are still around. Even the 2000 trends have gone and... come back again. And you, are still here! The ...