God made humans in such a way that we MUST sleep. God is good. Cos He knows we need the rest. He also made a covenant with us that on the day of the Sabaath, we cannot do anything. So that we have the rest. And Sabaath day happens to be our Sundays.
Sometimes, after being burdened by so many things to do and plan, I feel like I cannot carry on anymore. So, I go to sleep. Ha. Sometimes I deliberately go to bed at 9.30pm. Nevermind if I toss and turn. I just lie on my nice bed and space out. Destress. Then I fall asleep.
I went to sleep at about 12am last night. Ya, its not very early. But I slept and slept without caring what time I will wake up the next morning. Thinking of what I have to do for the weekend and the next week itself is so stressful. Argghh just.. sleep.
And sleep I did. On my nice sea-horse brand foam mattress. Ahh.. my pink bedsheets, and snuggle under my pink blanket clutching my pink bolster.... Sweeeet.... And I woke up at 10 am, feeling refreshed... Suddenly all the worries I had for what to do for the whole week ahead seems small. I feel like I can do a lot more things. :)
Which reminds me of my pastor who shared this analogy with us.... when she got stuck in a highway running out of petrol in Malaysia:
Life is like a highway. You just go on and on and on.... sometimes you worry whether you will run out of fuel. But there will always be petrol kiosks along the way. Thats how highways are built. Where there is a highway, there will always be petrol kiosks. When people work, we can always be guaranteed rest through sleep, through our Sundays, restdays etc. Sleep is not always a waste of time. It is your petrol kiosk.