I took a day off work today to settle some personal stuff, like going to the bank, finishing up my paper etc...
After completing my stuff at the bank I walked around Toa Payoh's NTUC snooping around for interesting food I can cook. Man... its such a joy doing groccery shopping.I decided that I will buy stuff home for lunch and dinner. So cool... I walked around the food section for many rounds, checking out the interesting purple US potato, the deep purple brinjal, the various pastes for stir-frying etc.... I chose and dangled some tiger prawns to check that the head was not dropping (indicates not fresh) and put it in the plastic bag... Grabbed a stash of spring onions....
I don't know for you, but choosing food to cook for people is very therapeutic. I find that I'm in control. Carrying a few plastic bags with NTUC labels and having vegetables sticking out of the bags seem like a noble thing to me. For one, I either look like a maid, or a cool young homemaker. Love it :) :) :)
Menu for today:
Lunch I made Mee Hoon Kuay. It was the best mee hoon kuay I ever made. (Actually its the first time I made it). I made the noodles by myself out of dough and cooked it in the soup.
As for the soup, I boiled chicken bone and threw in fried prawn shell and fried garlic, and squirted some fish sauce in. The soup was potent....
After that, top with fried ikan bilis and fried onion slices.... Whoo whoo....
Tea time I baked banna cake. Not fantastic, not enough butter and bananas. Oh well, but gave half of it fresh-out-of-the-oven to my neighbour. =)
Then I drove the car out to buy doughnuts for friends I'm visiting in NUS. 12 in a box. At Novena. And sent the doughnuts to the muggers at NUS.
After settling my stuff at NUS and church, I came home to savor my dinner. Dinner was stir-fried brinjal in sambal, black pepper diced chicken, spinach, and soft fish steamed with egg. I bought the brinjal, black pepper paste and chicken earlier at NTUC... so proud of it....
I love cooking. If given the time and energy, I would cook for guests a full meal, with snacks and desserts included. I love cooking and entertaining people at home.
Maybe if I marry a rich guy, and I don't have to work, then I can spend the REST OF MY LIFE entertaing guests and cooking for them... like those nonya tai-tais.... *gushes*
Sadly, I don't know of any rich guy. Anyone has recommendations? Muahahahhaha.......