Monday, November 12, 2007

Rejoicing is not always by feeling, but more often by Choice

This is something I have come to realise over the past few months, years. That rejoicing and being positive does not always mean that my surroundings have changed for the better.

Its more that I had my outlook and perspectives changed.

Choosing to rejoice in all circumstances may not be an easy thing to do. Sometimes its rather trying. Sometimes I felt stupid trying to see the best side in things when things really seem... nothing to rejoice for....

But I realised rejoicing is about placing trust and hope in the future; I rejoice because I choose to believe that all will be good in God's hands. It is a scary thing to do because by doing this, you let go of how you can attempt to control the situation and choose to allow something intangible like faith to take the lead.


I recently watched a powerful testimony, well if this guy can be such an inspiration despite his great, great limitations, he is really a living proof that God in which by faith I place my trust in exists. How can one with such disablilties continue to motivate himself and others if he places his trust in something that does not hold?




After this I began to realise that I many attributes in which I consider are gifts unto me, which I choose to refute and question. Sometimes I kick myself wondering why despite all that I have achieved, there are times I feel worthless to the guts.


So, choosing to rejoice is like seeing a half filled cup as half full and not half empty. Its telling myself I'm a step closer to reaching rather than "there is so much more to go".

Rejoice.

Hello, you old and salty bitch.

Hi, dear beloved blog. Im so glad you are still around. Even the 2000 trends have gone and... come back again. And you, are still here! The ...