Today was somewhat a day of nostalgia... a mix of the new and the old. I took the day off to go for a psychometric and personality test at mindef as part of my job recruitment. Following that was a chain of meeting-up-with-old-friends, retail therapy and a visit to my good ol' campus, to see and dine at the new arts canteen.
When I was doing my personality test, I felt like I couldn't really give a firm answer of what kind of person I really am. I feel like I'm in the in-between stage, having to fret and be bothered about nitty-gritty things, but at the same time, I'm in the process of learning how to relax and let go of things. I'm optimistic yet worried at times, calm with bits of anxiety stirring up from time to time. But nonetheless, I'm glad for the optimism I see in my life.
It was really good having to take the day off and meet up with friends I have not met for sometime, met Clark "Quay" working at CMPB for a light snack after my job testing, had retail therapy at Vivo City cos I realised my favourite not-too-causal looking shirt is going to be washed till its see-through (oops wore the wrong color bra today!!!) and bought some decent looking tops appropriate for office wear.
Scooted off to NUS, awed at the new canteen and met dear old Nicole for lunch, and along the way, saw many old faces. :) It was really a comforting feeling to see the noisy, funky, vibrant campus again! Ate the good ol Yong Tau Foo laksa (actually the standard dropped abit cos they have not cooked for a long long time) and drank the same old tea. Ahhh nicee... its like back to the old days with a much better canteen condition, windier and all. Had an interesting, quite intellectual discussion with Nic on the political situation in Singapore... I think Sociology majors, even though deemed irrelevant w.r.t to our course of study in the working world, raises a breed of thinkers who have more radical world views than most people, and hoho we are proud of that. Later in the evening caught up with poor Fishie aka Ariel (her real name) who was so lost in her emotional world till she cannot articulate her thoughts properly to me. Sighz....
Went back to the good ol library, and saw the same people, ahh so nice to see them again, and went back to the canteen after a while to further "socialise". This time I tried some masala chai latte from the new cafes built a level above the canteen, nice. Had a further longer talk with elizabeth and finally went home. Dunno when I will be back in arts for a visit again. But I suppose, it is the absence that makes the heart grow fonder. The thought of going back to school but without having to fret the workload makes it all the more desirable for campus life.
But no matter which route I have decided to take or am taking now, in my course of job searching, in my course of working temp at IMH, and my personal life... all will be good, all will be good....