Man... this "Sociolite" magazine project of mine is like carrying a full term pregnancy... took me around 10 mths of forming, and the birth-ing process was the climax, the most intense of the production, before results finally showed. It was the first time for all of us to have the experience of oding a magazine.
Was a little apprehensive about receiving the copy of magazine that I co-published with my team of people, glad that it was finally done but not sure of the turn-out.
When I first held the copy in my hands, I leapt for joy. The feeling was indescribable. My heart thumped away, Qianfu(my marketing head) was almost tearful when he gave his thank-you speech during the AGM to thank the magazine project team. Even though I was not really close to the people at Sociology Society, I was beaming with pride and passion at our work too. It was almost emotional.
Then the stressful part came in, when I spotted a few grammatical mistakes in MY articles. There goes my reputation and integrity as an editor. I think I'm quite a lousy editor, and it dawned upon me that my command of english was not that fantastic afterall.... does blogging regularly mean that my english is good? Ha... who am I kidding..? My language is mediocre, and the phrasing of my words are not enticing. Argh... ignore me... I'm just at a nervous breakdown now that everyone in the campus who reads my magazine will scrutinize and judge me for my incapabilities...
But apart from my errors and shortcomings, there were a few pointers and procedures we as a team have to take note, to avoid similar errors in future.
Ah well... but I remind myself then again, this project is not a one-man team. Even though on my part there were problems, but I think the advertisements and design of the magazine were superb. And because we have already set the foundation for magazine compliation, future issues of Sociolite will only be better and better. Kudos to that!
AND, if I only focus on my faults and because of that I cannot move on and hinder the team... then I really am a loser. Community before self! Individualism will not reign here!
Finally, even though I'm a tad disappointed by things that(will definitely) go wrong, according to Murphy's Law, I still must say this magazine project is a blessing unto me. Refer to God is Good entry. Even though I din work much with that 2 gals (though they left me with the basic struc ture of compling a magazine) but it was brought to completion. Some how or other.
Was a little apprehensive about receiving the copy of magazine that I co-published with my team of people, glad that it was finally done but not sure of the turn-out.
When I first held the copy in my hands, I leapt for joy. The feeling was indescribable. My heart thumped away, Qianfu(my marketing head) was almost tearful when he gave his thank-you speech during the AGM to thank the magazine project team. Even though I was not really close to the people at Sociology Society, I was beaming with pride and passion at our work too. It was almost emotional.
Then the stressful part came in, when I spotted a few grammatical mistakes in MY articles. There goes my reputation and integrity as an editor. I think I'm quite a lousy editor, and it dawned upon me that my command of english was not that fantastic afterall.... does blogging regularly mean that my english is good? Ha... who am I kidding..? My language is mediocre, and the phrasing of my words are not enticing. Argh... ignore me... I'm just at a nervous breakdown now that everyone in the campus who reads my magazine will scrutinize and judge me for my incapabilities...
But apart from my errors and shortcomings, there were a few pointers and procedures we as a team have to take note, to avoid similar errors in future.
Ah well... but I remind myself then again, this project is not a one-man team. Even though on my part there were problems, but I think the advertisements and design of the magazine were superb. And because we have already set the foundation for magazine compliation, future issues of Sociolite will only be better and better. Kudos to that!
AND, if I only focus on my faults and because of that I cannot move on and hinder the team... then I really am a loser. Community before self! Individualism will not reign here!
Finally, even though I'm a tad disappointed by things that(will definitely) go wrong, according to Murphy's Law, I still must say this magazine project is a blessing unto me. Refer to God is Good entry. Even though I din work much with that 2 gals (though they left me with the basic struc ture of compling a magazine) but it was brought to completion. Some how or other.
I dunno if they will come across my blog or not, but.... QIANFU AND CLARYCE.... THANK YOU SO,SO MUCH!!!! Without the hardwork and passion of both of you....the magazine would never ever be possible just on my part. *misty eyes....*
Pictures of my offsprings...