Sunday, August 28, 2005

A closet dancer revealed and a picnic under the 'stars'

Hey closet dancer.. you know who you are.. haha.. wow.. amazing. Yesterday during fellowship meeting my group was in charge of the main programme. So we did a choreograph session. I spent a hilarious 15 minutes trying to learn the dance steps Pei Qi came up with before teaching the rest as well. What I have learnt about dancing: you have to let loose. There is no such thing as face. Just shake your bon bon and let the adrenaline overcome your body. Haha.. I ended up doing stupid moves that made everyone laugh. And Pei Qi did this awesome hip hop free dance during one part of the song where there are 8 beats and its free dancing. AWESOME. She's really a closet dancer. Haha. Din expect all the cool moves to come out from her. Step out of the closet gal!!! Woo.. but I think this got my interest in dancing.. the nerdish me never got a chance to perform since... I dunno when. Nobody in school ever asked me to dance and perform too.. think people must have thought I was such a geek.
Then in the evening was the picnic under the stars. What a night. No stars, not even the moon in sight. But ultimately what matters is not the stars, but the food and company. Cool place, we were settled at an open space at Marina Bay which was supposed to be very ulu and dark. Initially I thought so. Matthew led us from the mrt station to walk in the most deserted path, through a tunnel, pass a quarry..... and finally to the open space where we settled; by the river with the bright and dazzling CBD area at the other end of the river. So ... it was not really dark, and we had a good view of the CBD district, can even see the esplanade and suntec city. In a sense it wasn't very ulu either. We placed mats and lit candles(got blown off by the wind later :(..) played some ice-breakers and got down to eating... ahh Singaporeans' best past time. Initially I thought there was a shortage of food.. but turned out we had an surplus of it ( always the case for Singaporean gatherings) It was so cool.. munching on my sandwich/ salad/chicken.. looking at the beautifully lit buildings across the river, having a nice chat with friends, a fantastic way to unwind. ahh.. and after filling our stomaches we sang songs about the stars and all... and finally we celebrated Jay Hoon's birthday.. great cake, white chocolate and macademia nut. Slurrrrrp. Oh.. did I mention we ate mars bars to commemorate the hoax that mars was to be emminently seen yesterday night. Perfect. Mars bars rock. We finally made our way back to Raffles Place mrt station and headed home... Cool picnic

Hello, you old and salty bitch.

Hi, dear beloved blog. Im so glad you are still around. Even the 2000 trends have gone and... come back again. And you, are still here! The ...