Sunday, August 07, 2005

Festival of Praise

On Saturday I attended the Festival of Praise at the indoor stadium with my old-time friend, Xiu Hua. We are what you call kiasu Singaporeans. haha. The session started at 7.30pm, but we reached the indoor stadium at 4pm. And we queued under the hot afternoon sun for almost 2 hours just to get a good set in the indoor stadium. We tagged along two boys who were Xiu Hua's friend's friends, and fortunately because of them we managed to find our way there and settle ourselves comfortably at the indoor stadium. They were even more kiasu, they "chopped" 33 seats for friends!
This event, organised by many churches, more of the contemporary kinds in Singapore, was a major event. It looked like a major rock concert, with lightings, and the indoor stadium was overflowing with young people. My my.. I feel old when I got there, a lot of teenagers.
It was an awesome praise and worship session; we got the 2 best Christian bands from the world: Hillsong and Delirious, and a very, very moving speaker from the UK, Rev Colin Dye. His speech moved me to tears. :P
Put together some very good and lively music, some motivational speaker, and a large, super active and enthusiatic crowd(jumping teenagers), and you have a perfect event that started and ended with a bang. Really wanted to attend the last session today too, but tomorrow I have lessons, and I thought it would be better if I went out less often from now..
Pictures from the event..

Me and Xiu Hua waiting under the hot evening sun.. We queued for 2 hours!!! Xiu Hua and the humongous crowd behind.... Like a Rock Concert!

Hello, you old and salty bitch.

Hi, dear beloved blog. Im so glad you are still around. Even the 2000 trends have gone and... come back again. And you, are still here! The ...