Did anyone watch the film "Joe Versus Volcano" before? Its a film about the contrasts between modern life and finding one's true self away from the rationalities of modern life. In one scene, Joe gets stranded on the ocean, after a storm wrecks his yacht. He was badly sunburnt, he lacked water for days, and felt utterly hopeless. When night came, he looked up at the moon rising. The humongous bright moon rose from the horizon majestically and the moonlight filled the whole place. Even in his destitution, he was appalled at God's majestic creation, and he fell down onto his knees crying, overwhelmed by God's greatness.
Many things are beyond my control. I try my darn best to want to manage my life. But really, I cannot will some things to happen. Nor do I know the consequences of my actions. I get frustrated, I fumble up, I make mistakes, I get hurt in trying to make things right, in my way.
In the midst of it, I see how fragile human beings are. It takes a superhuman to make things right all the time without failures, without downpoints in life. In my frustration at being helpless and unsure in my life, I fell on my knees before God with tears in amazement of His steadiness and sovereignity of all things. To lift up all things that are beyond my control into His hands and have full faith in His control.
And I am recharged, refreshed and renewed again and again and again, ready to get back into the hectic world ..... thats what keeps me going...