Maybe I drank too much coffee yesterday. I felt overwhelmed.... by stupid things.
On the long bus ride home, many thoughts came into my mind. How we are no more similar than being made into drones like movies in the Matrix and i robot. Really.. we are living in a rather artificial world...
1) We get our senses stimulated by simulacra, meaning a copy of the original. Its not authentic anymore, but thwarted through the skills of the cameraman. Wad I mean is we spend our time fulfilling our senses by sitting in front of a box called the TV, instead of being natural, running about the garden of eden naked and happy.
2) Everything is planned in our little country. Nothing is really "natural". Think the trees here are natural? Haha. Have you seen trees and shrubs that happes to naturally get dispersed by the tree's reproduction system, and find itself planted in an orderly manner, ie trees along the road, shrubs on an overhead bridge... etc...
3) Our names can be changed, just go to the SIR, sign some forms, chop chop, and there u have it. Changed name. But our I/C number remains PERMANENT. Meaning? Names dun mean much anymore. We are a propery of the gahment. Just like some product registered in the shopping centre. With a code for universal identification.
And I thought and thought about it.... On the never-ending bus-ride home... When I took a shower, I checked myself: Am I a natural? Aggh! My ears are artificially piereced! 4 holes!
Ok.. small mattter. Check face: No plastic, no botox. Phew. Boob check: No silicon, no saline. Natural. Phewwww.... And so on... Im going insane.
And another thought, not relating to the above. I'm not ready yet. Drop my false hopes. I still have much more to learn, to grow, to do in this university life. There is no time for it. At least I snapped out of it and realised it before I did something silly. It has been a roller coaster ride of emotions these days... =/