I'm feeling somewhat disappointed today; my pandan cake failed. I could not reach the soft, spongy standard. It was wet and somewhat mushy. And tasteless. Not much flavour. Ahh... what a waste of eggs. 6 eggs. But somehow, I am determined to do more! I will reach that soft, fragrant spongy consistency one day. Practice!
Today, I was at church practicing for my skit item for the orientation tea on Thursday and Saturday. We are doing a dance of God's creation of earth and mankind. Not to forget during fellowship, we sang a song for our dear Angie, as a encouragement for her. She is going to be admitted to KK hospital this coming thursday to undergo an op to remove a 6 cm blood cyst in her ovaries. She is definitely going through severe pain now, but she is the most optimistic person I ever met. She still goes about doing her stuff chirpily and is as energetic as ever. She is an inspiration to me, despite her condition, she never fails to give thanks and places all her love and trust onto God. Sometimes we always say, "my trust and faith in Him is very deep", but when we are put to the test, not everyone manages to stay by their word. Well, I think Angie is truly God's child and disciple. I truly admire her... Back to the skit I mentioned. We are doing an abstract dance. Wearing black and white, we represent the elements of the universe, light, dark, later on atmosphere, water, plants animals, and finally, man. My parts for the dance are light (will be wearing white), atmosphere(clouds) and the last part, behind a screen as a shadow, I will be Eve. I'm quite concerned about that actually, cos the scene on Adam and Eve is shadow playing, meaning they will only see silhoulettes of me and the guy playing Adam. First concern: I'm fat!!! instead of seeing a slender woman, they will see a stunted hulk'ess'. (Female version of the Hulk) And, I have short hair, behind the shadow, I might look like a man. Oh well, but since they volunteered me to do it, I'm honoured to represent our fellow female ancestor Eve.
I feel quite excited to do this dance, for I have never played a part in dancing during my secondary school and Jc days, even thought I wanted to sometimes. Hope everything will turn out well; now that we are all adults I think most of us expect higher standards out of a performance. Evenmore I never tried abstract dance, so I have to be more expressive while performing I think...
But somehow I believe this performance will turn out well, because we are doing it for a purpose, that is to allow people to come to know God in a creative way, and I believe God will see to it that everything goes on smoothly. Wah.. And the music for the scenes are so... emotional.. like those of the Lord of the Rings... very soulful.. in fact after listening to it last night during practice, it totally changed my mood to somewhat sombre and silent.