Saturday, July 09, 2005

Outdoor Activities Club Orientation Camp

First day at camp!!!
Me and Siew Kee, President of ODAC. At Kallang beach.








Kayaks along the beach. Cool picture. Cos I'm a good photographer. hahahah. The participants of the camp had a kayaking session on the first day. Sadly, I was in the logistics cell, so I had to do some back scene work, like transport their bags to the campsite..
Hmm.. about this camp, quite a few number of people. Only 2 girl participants!!!! And around 20 other guys. So we have to call off the Secret Pal event. Sort of a matchmaking session. :(





HaHa. I call this the funeral lorry. Some idiot took the bag of blindfolds into the sea with him, and he capsized, so the blindfolds were soaked. We needed the blindfolds for games the next day, so we had to dry it soon. My co-logistics artner Nicholas suggested tying them on the sides of the lorry so that it flaps with the wind when the lorry moves, but after some time, we realised it looks like a lorry for the "dong dong chiang" kind of funeral. Very lavish, outlandish kind of funeral, loud music, accompanied by gawky looking costumes.
We took them off anyway..






From Left to right: Alvin(the lorry driver), Meiyu (logistic cell vice-head), Jasmine(programme cum councilor), Terry (Chairperson)
Hmm.. wad to say abt them,

Terry, is Mr nice guy, never saw him lost his cool before. Man of few words, but when he cracks jokes, can be quite funny..
Jasmine.. dun really know her very well, but find her very cute and quirky. Haha.
Meiyu is very dedicated to the family of ODAC. When its time for work, she is super serious. Which makes myself feel like a slacker. But, She is the darling of ODAC, small and funny and cute.
Finally, Alvin. Have a crush on him. :P He looks very decent, and he is so nice to everyone! Was moved by his sincerity and helpfulness. He stayed behind me when I was cycling(at a superslow pace), and even bought drinks for me and Nicholas! Oops.. hope he doesn't come across this blog, or i will bury myself in the ground. Anyway, a crush is just a crush, no other intentions. :) He looks cute to me la.. :P



Field cooking competition. I was picked to be one of the judges and I do not regret that! These boys CAN COOK!!!! I'm so impressed! Look below:



The halved watermelon on the right is called "tropical Punch". Firstly, it was prepared by the beach(our campsite)Secondly, the egg, slice of potato and sausage makes up a face. The egg and the potato form the eyes, and it looks like it has been punched. Therefore, Tropical Punch.
How creative.


The plate on the right side of the picture are 18 marshmallows, dipped in chocolate. They call it the 18 arafats. Interesting. And the 7 cubes surrounding the jelly, was actually dug out from simliar jellies to the one in the center. Aww.. how nice of them..





Morning breakfast. We, the logistic cell members have to make milo for everyone. One of the last to sleep, the first to get up. Just to prepare steaming milo for everyone. :) But nothing beats home-made milo in your own mug. We have to drink this milo out of mess tins! One group share a mess tin and everyone slurps from the same tin. Talk about bonding... By the way, this picture is taken at about 6.15am. Look at their faces. It reads: I want sleep.



This is the pavillion by the beach where we have our campsite. Its also sort of the committee's sleeping and storage space. I slept on that cardboard in the middle at night. Feels comfortable. Hehe.. but at the same time, I feel like some homeless person sleeping on the streets. But I guess its good to experience the unglamourous side of life, only then you would appreciate things in life you take for granted.



Bumboat to Malaysia. We left from Changi Village jetty to reach Perrangang Jetty in Johor(not too sure if I spelt it correct) Foamy foamy foams...






Um, thats Terence. I think he's involved in the
programme cell. Haha.. this picture is funny, he sleeps with his eyes open! Look closely... oops... he din know i took this picture of him. If he finds out.. uh-oh. Haha.. but everyone was very tired by then. Up to the point where we sleep anywhere when we are free to sit down and do nothing.




Interesting tree behind. And for people asking about the obvious, I DID NOT BEND THAT TREE. Taken on the cycling route. Upon reaching the jetty, we had to cycle 50km to Desaru, where our campsite was. It was tough! I managed for about 20++km, before sweat got into my eyes and I went up the lorry that follows the bikers. I'm a slacker. haha. But I cycled the last 10km, when Ruby fell from her bike, and sort of felt guilty for slacking, while she was trying her very best till she fell.



Muah-cheefied Jasmine. How to make a human Muah-Chee: First, dip human into sea.
Then, roll in sand throughly till person is covered with sand. Last, get ready to run before the human muah-chee retaliates. *Muah Chee is a snack made of sticky rice paste, rolled in chopped peanuts. Popular local snack, often sold in night markets.









Our Desaru campsite. Final destination. And the worst. Female toilet locked. Had to share male toilet. Males and females took turns to use it to shower. The sight of urinals beside the wash basin disgusts me. In addition, the urinals were not flushed, and reeked an unbelievable ammonia "scent" Think it will make a good insect repellant. Anyone who goes near it will die of suffocation. Which brings me to the next point. I was there to feed mosquitoes. At night there were so, so many of them. Hovers around my legs, buzzed into my ears... So irritating. I have 33 bites on my legs and counting..


This is how I look like sunburnt, tired and dehydrated from cycling. I applied sunblock on my face, but left out my eye area. Thats why its so red. Some people say I look like a pervert in this photo. Really? I think I look cute... hahaha





Finally!!! On our way back to Singapore! Weisan beside me. My Log partner. Looks like a friend of mine. Tall, lanky but a little reserved too. but alright. Could get along with each other.


End of picture show!!! Overall camp rating: 4/5!!!! Tiring but I experienced so much! Came back with a bronzed tan and a cool camp shirt! Seriously, it is this kind of trips that I have stronger memories that of trips where I am pampered. Hehe.... guess I'm werid...

Hello, you old and salty bitch.

Hi, dear beloved blog. Im so glad you are still around. Even the 2000 trends have gone and... come back again. And you, are still here! The ...