Wednesday, July 20, 2005

When my dream guy proposes.....

He asks me to close my eyes... takes me by my hand, and gently leads me to a quiet place. When I open my eyes, I see myself alone standing in the middle of a beautiful wonderland themepark. The bright, dazzling lights get lit-up one by one, extending out, all the way till the whole place is filled with lights, blinking lights, coloured lights, on the trees, on the bushes, on all the buildings and amusement rides. Then, the merry-go-round starts to come alive! Cheery music resounds all around, and all the rides start getting into motion. Before I know it, the sky is litup with fireworks and a helicopter flies by with a huge banner saying: WILL U MARRY ME? Oh.. how my heart melts with joy!!! Then, he comes up to me, dressed smartly in a tuxedo, holding a huge, huge bouquet of roses (999 stalks?) goes down on his knees and proposes. Exhilarated, hyperventilating with excitement and indescribable joy, I FAINT.
WAKE UP!!!!! HELLOOOOO!!!! Am I in the movies or what?!? Seriously, what a crrrappy proposal (although I got a little carried away with my fantastic imagination) Seriously, I don't really fancy such lavish proposals. So expensive! And what a waste of electricity and flowers(flowers are sweet but not 999 stalks!) and transportation(helicopter) and money!! Ergh.... its toooo sweet for me, too.. girlish... yucks! I don't think I would want to marry such a man who splurges too much. I don't think I would even date someone so rich. We come from different backgrounds. Here is truly my dream proposal:
He asks me to close my eyes... takes me by my hand, and leads me to a quiet place. When I open my eyes, I see myself alone standing in the middle of a spacious kitchen! Wow!! What posh looking kitchen! Bright and white, equipped with the most advanced-to-date electrical appliances! A 2-door fridge, with ice dispenser, a high performance baking oven, slick-looking cooking stove, a microwave, breadmaker, wafflemaker, sandwich maker, ice blender, etc ...etcetc.. and behold! I gasp at this: a high performance electric cake mixer!!! I squeal and give my husband-to-be a tight hug. I open the cupboards in the kitchen, the contents glow onto my face. Endless, endless supply of flour, sugar, eggs, vanilla essence, baking chocolate and all the tools, whisk, beating bowl, measuring spoons, palate, sieve etc etc... Immediately I fumbled around his pockets, grab the case, dig the ring out and shove it into my finger. My face red-hot with excitement and indescribable joy, I plunge my lover a deep kiss, and say "I will!" without him asking. Haha.. and the rest is as usual, happily-ever-after, not to forget that he buys me a new baking book or new cooking appliance every valentine's day till death do us apart. Ahhhh what a perfect ending!!!! My heart beats with passion!!!!
Haha... if you think I'm weird, its fine. I AM weird. It sounds like I'm marrying my electrical appliances, not the guy. But, I love baking. Period.

Hello, you old and salty bitch.

Hi, dear beloved blog. Im so glad you are still around. Even the 2000 trends have gone and... come back again. And you, are still here! The ...