Sunday, July 17, 2005

Time Management...

No time... no time... no time... Thats been my pet phrase recently. I seem to have no time for anything at all. On the surface, it seems this way. But seriously.. I think its just an excuse to procrastinate.. tsk tsk.. a bad habit. I mean... if I really had no time, would I still be sitting here to blog away? As though blogging is the top most urgent thing I need to do in my life... It seems that a huge part of my time is used on not wanting to get moving on with things. I mean I know clearly I have to be somewhere doing something more important than just hanging around with my friends doing nothing. I procrastinate to move my butt. Which is quite bad...
Commencement dinner, the finale of all the graduation ceremonies went on smoothly yesterday. While guest would get absorbed at the glamour and surreal like atmosphere in the dining area (good music, beautiiful decor, freindly staff) they wouldn't know of the load of detestable work we have to do in order to get things oh-so-perfect. All the endless nights of typing names, arranging table seating, doing place cards.. etc etc.. emotions fly high when people are overworked and under-rested. By saturday, in the midst of shuffling between work, friends, church, Odac, family.. blah blah... for a moment I gave in under the pressure I built on myself. I was sooo lethargic, so sick of having to work, I wanted so badly to join my friends for lunch when I am walking to office with a hungry stomach. On reaching office, I was quite at a loss on how to help my colleagues, who are ever-so busy. And then I received a scolding for asking too much redundant questions and stoning at them.
Oh well, at that point, I felt quite useless and tired and the I-want-to-go-home and sleep feeling crept in... so I sort of swallowed my tears, and my fellow student associate Gracia noticed it. :P This sweet girl.. brought me to the toliet to lend her shoulder for me to cry on, and said a little prayer for me to feel better. Oh yea... so I kept God in mind and thanked Him for His presence in my life and all... so things went on smoothly that day.
Oh ya.. which brings me back to my point. Why do I have to push myself till this state? I think I could do with better time management.... Maybe I need to list out my top priorites in my life, and according to it, strike out things that are redundant. Obviously, its hard. I feel quite bad having to constantly reject friend's outings and phonecalls. Hur hur... I still have not completed my room re-furbishing.. my ikea stuff is not bought yet... MY BIRKENSTOCKS!!!! HAVE BEEN WANTING THEM FOR A MONTH!!!!
TIme management.. time management.. God.. pls grant me the wisdom for time-management....

Hello, you old and salty bitch.

Hi, dear beloved blog. Im so glad you are still around. Even the 2000 trends have gone and... come back again. And you, are still here! The ...